Monday 9 November 2015

Tentacle Monster

For Visual Arts we were tasked with making a tentacle monster creature. For this assignment I decided to make something that was akin to the monsters from the Resistance series. 


Process of making the tentacle monster. Throughout the time I spent drawing the image I made sure to add detail to my work to make the image come alive. For example when drawing the lighthouse I added detail to the building and island surrounding it.


I also added light from the lightning strike onto the tentacles and body in the drawing. This was to make the drawing look more life like and to give the impression that there is some wetness.

Final image.

Inspiration for the monster was taken from the Resistance game series, in which many creatures have various alien like looks. The glowing eyes were a massive influence as I wanted to use the same technique to make the image come to life. Most of the main inspiration came from the Kraken monster that appears throughout the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment