Sunday 29 November 2015

Frog drawing

For Visual Arts we were tasked with making a frog that had the same characteristics as someone who was human.

For the research behind the frog I was going to draw I took inspiration from classic animated movies like Loony Toons.
For example I took inspiration from Michigan J Frog from the Loony Toons episode "One Froggy Evening." (The Episode where a frog sings "Hello my baby hello my honey.")



I also took inspiration from the famous paining of the Dogs playing Poker by Cassius Marcellus Coolidge. Even though they were not frogs I still found the idea of an animal playing card games like Poker amusing, so I chose to base my drawing on the same idea.


Before I started the main drawing in Photoshop, I did two sketches in my sketchpad to get a feel for the concept of human like frogs.


For these drawings I decided to make one frog look like someone you would see at a sports event, while the other someone in a management position. 


Here is the final frog drawing that I made in photoshop, I intended to make him look like someone who had a gambling addition of sorts.




No comments:

Post a Comment