Sunday 11 October 2015

Robot work for UCA


Robot work for UCA

For our first assignment we were tasked with making a robot. The task allowed us to make three robot designs, before then putting all the ideas together for one final idea.

The first design was somewhat inspired by the robots you would see on robot wars, small and crude. Though with this I added a small cosmetic twist. Usually on programs you would see a small robot with a saw attached to it somehow, with this case I added a ray gun to the back of it. I intended my robot to look sort of like a scorpion, small and deadly. With this I put the ray gun on the back of the robot with a bendable beam like structure that resembles a stinger. At the front I added hand like claws to help spur on this resemblance. 



For movement the robot had tracks added to him, instead of scorpion like legs. I also added a brain on the top of the robot for cosmetic reasons.



The second robot was just intended to be a floating TV. For the style I chose to go with the old box type TV's that you would see before the introduction of flat screen TV's. 
I added thrusters onto the side of the TV to make it look like the robot was self propelled in a manner, as if he was a personal TV assistant. To give the robot personality a face was added the screen. 



The third robot was something of a comedic take on a robot. The idea was based around a mech type robot, for this the robot was intended to be drawn to give off It's tall size. I also added silly features onto the robot like a giant missile and shopping cart. 



The last robot was a combination all of the three previous robots. For the deign I made it the robot have a TV as a face, clamps for hands, and a human like body for the hull of the robot. On the body there was also a text screen with words on it allowing the robot to speak. 


No comments:

Post a Comment