Sunday 11 October 2015

First level map

For the first level of my game I was also tasked with making a map as well as a storyboard.



In the map you can see some areas are labeled with spills and bonus spills. I did this because in the level I wanted to player to have a main objective as well as a bonus objective. This would give the player something to do if he wanted to go though the level once again.

Most of the map is filled with store shelves. This is because in the main game I want the player to explore the area or find the objective area by looking out for the designated isle, which is usually pointed out by the signs that hang above them in stores. 

This will allow the player some freedom in trying to find the objective area, instead of being tunneled towards the objective.

In the level the player also starts off in a backroom, which can give him a feel for the controls before triggering the first objective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment