Saturday 16 April 2016

3D statue, part 6

For the final phase of modelling the statue I went about adding details to the body. Originally I was going to do this in Zbrush, but I thought it would be easier if I did it in Maya. The first thing I added was the tri hat to the model, This was actually kind of easy and I managed to make it fairly quickly, and with not that many tris.


As you can see, this is a hat.


This is also the same hat, but from another angle. 

After the hat was added I tried to make the coat and cuff links for the model.


It might be hard to see from the image, but I kind of made indents on the body that made it look like he was wearing a shirt. The cufflinks were actually really easy as all I had to do was extrude the bits near the start of the hands. Buttons were also added to give the shirt some sort of texture.


Looking at the back of the shirt, you can see that there are flaps like on coats worn by red shirts at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment