Friday 1 April 2016

Beep Boop

Found a cool swamp like area while I was taking a break playing Fallout 4, the area inspired me to make some concept art out of it.



The swamp like area from above, exploring it was really immersive. 


I actually made a gif of my progress this time, It's quite cool to see how far I came from when I first started. 



At first I wasn't quite sure what to draw along with the swamp, but I decided to draw one of the Protecterons in the game, which by far are my favorite robot design. 


First I started with the robot drawing by copying images that were already in the game, after that I then enlarged the canvas. 


After this was done I played around with the colors of the scene in the background, ground and an outline of potential clouds were added. I also made custom brushes for this drawing by cutting out trees that I took screenshots of in game. Lighting was also added to the robot by using the burn and dodge tool.


Next the position and size of the robot was changed, along with the lighting. Also clouds and a background was added into the scene.


Also more foliage was added to the foreground, and more dead trees.


Still unhappy with the lighting on the robot I changed it again to make the photo have a more darker tone, glow was also added to the light on the robot. Moss and branches were added in too.


Now we add more trees yet again, move the mountain in the background, and add rain to the scene. Shadows on the robot were also improved to help give it shape, along with wires were its arm used to be.


Tone down the rain a tiiiny bit, also add some fog to the scene for extra spookyness. Rain splashes were added to the robot and the floor in the scene.


More branches and stuff.


Fog improvements, as well as the ground being changed to make it look more like a swamp.


Wetness effect added to the robot to make it look like it was actually in the rain.


Final Image. More wetness effects added to the image, shininess was also added too.


No comments:

Post a Comment