Tuesday 12 April 2016

Visual Design, Insect drawing

One of our homeworks for Visual Design we had to design and draw an insect character with human features. 




As usual, I started off by drawing a few crude character designs in my sktechbook before starting on the real thing.  

One thing I wanted to make sure I did with the design was to have a nice stylistic twist. At the time I was heavily into the art of Fallout 4, and the aesthetics of the game. One thing that always caught my eye when playing the game was the unique collectible comic books that the player could pick up throughout the game.

Same


Using these comics as inspiration, I set out to make a character that would look like something that would appear on a comic book cover. Seeing as one of my sketches was a character in a vest, I thought it would be funny to make a comic book cover that referenced Die hard.

Instead of showing my process step by step, I thought  it would just be easier to post a gif that showed each stage of the image as it was developed.



As I started out drawing the character I thought  it would  be cool to make him half lobster and half human. But after doing much work on it I realized that he looked too similar to ZoidBerg from Futurma. Because of this I changed him to have features of an ant. In the end I was happy with the outcome seeing as drawing characters was not my best skill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment